Stir-Fry Veggies with Quinoa
This stir-fry veggie quinoa meal is on heavy rotation at my home because it’s quick, full of nutrients, protein (quinoa) and flavor. Great part about this dish is that you can add other veggies, tofu, tempeh or any other protein of your choice to change it up.
1 cup quinoa
8 oz Trader Joe’s frozen harvest hodgepog mix
3 chopped garlic cloves
½ chopped jalapeno (optional)
½ tsp sea salt
½ tsp black pepper
2 Tbsp safflower oil or oil of your choice
2 Tbsp lemon joice
handful of arugula or green of your choice (optional)
dulse flakes (good source of iodine)
1. In a small pot, combine quinoa with two cups water and place over medium heat, covered. Once it boils, turn it down to a low simmer and continue to cook over low heat until the water is completely absorbed - around 20 to 25 minutes.
2. Finely mince the garlic and chop jalapeno.
3. Heat the oil in a medium-sized pan over medium heat and add the minced garlic, chopped jalapeno and black pepper. Stir for a minute or two and then turn the heat to medium low.
4. Pour half of the 16 oz frozen vegetable mix into the medium-sized pan and stir-fry until cooked on medium heat. Add in a little bit of water to help the cooking process.
5. After 15 minutes add the lemon juice and sea salt. Stir, taste and adjust seasoning as necessary. Sprinkle dulse on top of veggies and enjoy it over a bed of quinoa.