Egg Salad Sandwich for Two
Summer is full of festivals, bike rides (NYC summer streets), picnics, BBQ’s and many other outdoor activities. Get fit and keep healthy with making your own egg salad sandwiches that taste oh-so-good.
4 hard boiled eggs
1 stalk of celery chopped
1-2 tablespoons of vegenaise, mayonnaise or greek yogurt
1 tablespoon of capers (optional)
1 chopped garlic clove
dash of paprika
a little squeeze of lemon juice
few sprigs of chopped cilantro, basil or chives (optional)
few small pieces of romaine lettuce
4 slices of whole grain bread
1. In a pot place the eggs and pour roughly 1/2-inch of water on medium-high heat. Bring to a gentle boil and turn off the heat. Let it sit for six to seven minutes.
2. Place the hard boiled eggs under cold water for a few minutes to stop the cooking. Crack, peel, chop and place each egg into a mixing bowl.
3. Add in the vegenaise, capers, a few shakes of sea salt, pepper, light squeeze of some lemon juice to moisten the mixture. Lightly mix it all up with a fork.
4. Add in the chopped celery, garlic, cilantro (or other herbs of your choice) and stir. Taste it and add in additional sea salt, pepper. Top it with some paprika for added flavor.
5. Place the egg salad mixture onto your bread with a few pieces of romaine lettuce. Enjoy!